Is your PT practice thriving or are you having a few too many empty slots in your schedule these days? The reality is, you’ve got to fill your schedule in order to pay your bills and stay profitable. But how do you find new patients? You might be surprised to hear that the best place to find them is actually online. Potential patients are scouring the web in order to find help with their pain and mobility issues.
Here’s the good news. You can use Google to guide them to your practice. We asked the digital marketing experts at BuildPT for advice. Here are five ways to achieve just that.
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly. More than half of all internet traffic comes from mobile devices. As a result, Google now promotes websites that are mobile friendly over those that don’t. How do you know if your website is mobile friendly? It’s super easy. Look at your website on your smartphone. Does the formatting look right? Is it easy to read and navigate? You can also use websitegrader.com and run a diagnostic on your website. It will tell you if it’s mobile friendly or not and if there are major issues that need to be addressed.
- Fix the page titles on your website. They will show up above the page’s URL and on Google. The page title should be to the point and communicate exactly what is on the page.
- Your website page descriptions (meta descriptions) describe the content of the page in under 150 characters. You can see them as little blurbs of text that show up under a link in a Google search result. It should be short, sweet and include relevant information that explains what that page contains.
- Use keywords on your webpages. Keywords are simply the phrases that people use to do a search on the web. For example, physical therapy in (your town), best PT, etc.
- Make sure your website has fast load time. If it takes longer than three seconds to load your website, more than half of viewers will leave the site.
Are you confused? Overwhelmed at the prospect of having to check out your website to make sure people can find you on the web? No worries! Talk to the experts at BuildPT. Our digital marketing wizards can examine your website and perform any fixes you need in order to get your rankings up on Google. There are lots of other ways to make sure people can find you on the web, as well. Contact us today and we’ll be happy to help you!