But one digital marketing solution is as versatile as it is universal. And, it’s budget-friendly, effective, and integrates among a variety of different platforms and strategies.
I’m talking about blogging.
- Pain. According to The Good Body, 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain, and it’s the No. 1 cause of long-term disability.
- Fitness. The fitness industry has been constantly growing. The latest from IHRSA report show that fitness will be a projected $87.5 billion global industry in 2018.
- Surgery. The American Joint Replacement Registry 2017 annual report shows 860,080 hip and knee replacement procedures.
Number of Americans who suffer from chronic pain
$$$ Dollar Global Fitness Industry in 2018
Number of Hip and Knee Replacements in 2017
Blogging, the core of physical therapy content marketing.
“One of the first things I do when I look at a physical therapist’s website is look for their blog,” said Ben Montgomery, content marketing manager at BuildPT. Ben has written about this topic in Impact, a magazine for APTA PPS members.
“If I don’t see one, or I find a blog that’s not being used,” he added, “I immediately know any investment the clinic has in a digital marketing strategy isn’t being fully maximized. Blog content is that powerful.”
In other words, a blogpost provides more content for your website that can be used as a feeder for other marketing channels.
See how blogging integrates with your digital marketing efforts below:
- Search Terms (SEO). A blogpost counts as another page on your website. When you add more content to your website, then you are also providing more searchable keywords. Therefore, a strategic blog post boosts your current SEO efforts and provides more performance opportunities. Remember: Content is SEO!
- Social Media. A blog post is shareable content, and social media is an excellent platform to distribute it and create greater website traffic which (yes) will help boost your SEO.
- Online Directories. Some directory sites allow you to provide links, summaries, or snippets of trending content from your blog, raising you several notches above your local competitors.
- Email Campaigns. A blog post provides excellent content for email subscribers, especially through a regular digital newsletter. Linking readers back to content on your blog improves your newsletter’s readability while providing great call-to-action opportunities.
- Print Newsletters. You can re-purpose your content from the blog on your traditional marketing efforts like print newsletters.
- Press Releases. Content from your blog can also be re-proposed as an article for press distribution, providing even greater mileage for content you’ve invested in monetarily and/or via time.
- Digital Advertising (i.e., Facebook Ads & Google Adwords). The ease and freedom associated with creating blog content allows you to establish simple yet effective landing pages for those who click on your digital marketing campaigns.
Not only does each of the channels above increase awareness and build your brand, but they can be linked to your blog which delivers you more traffic to your website. This allows you to get more mileage out of a piece of content (blog post) and greatly increases your impressions from a broader audience. This is not only time efficient, but an effective strategy that won’t vastly extend your resources.
More reasons why a PT should blog.
Top five reasons to use a blog as your content hub: (by Social Media Examiner)
- Blogs are owned media. Content on your blog is owned by YOU!
- Blogs work like social media. Blogs allow for social sharing, comments and guest posts, and they provide an opportunity to build a targeted community.
- Blogs support search engine optimization (SEO). Blogs that strategically contain searchable keywords make for a very effective SEO strategy.
- Blogs drive sales. Blog posts can show the value of your services.
- Blogs incorporate a streamlined CMS. Blogs are an easy-to-use, low-cost content system.
Read the entire article here: https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com
Top 10 benefits of blogging on your website by Forbes:
- Increases search engine traffic. Blogging provides more organic search visibility and increases website traffic.
- Humanizes your brand. A blog allows you to showcase a personal side of your business.
- Supports your social media initiatives. This allows you to share recommended content from you!
- Builds authority in your industry. This gives you an opportunity to show the value of physical therapy and how you are an expert in your community.
- Improves conversion rates. A blog with engaging content can build brand loyalty, further increasing your conversion rates.
- Helps generate inbound links. Inbound links are critical for improving offsite SEO.
- Helps you rank for long-tail search queries. This delivers more searchable terms to your website.
- Increases leads. Blogging provides more content to your website. More content equals more leads. According to Hubspot, businesses with 400+ pages of content get 6X more leads than those with less than 100 pages.
- Facilitates valuable discussion. Blogging gives you an opportunity to connect with your consumers.
- Allows you to achieve “freshness.” Consistent blogging provides regular new content to your website, and Google loves fresh content.
Read the entire article here: https://www.forbes.com/
Questions about blogging? Comment below and we’ll respond!