If you are not familiar with hashtags and would like more information on how to use them, then please scroll down to: #Hashtags for Noobs.
BuildPT’s List of Top Trending #hashtags for 2017
This shouldn’t “wow” anybody, but putting it on top of this list is a no brainer.
- WHY? If you are a physical therapist, then you should be an ambassador of your craft. As a practice, “physical therapy” needs to build more awareness within the general public in order to compete with other medical practices.
- WHO? Anyone who is in the physical therapy industry or has an interest should use this #hashtag. Further, it is one of the few that could work with nearly any post by a PT clinic.
- OTHER #’s? #physicaltherapists #physiotherapy
This keyword has been super popular within the last year and it’s continuing the trend through 2017.
- WHY? The overall message is simple: if you are in pain, then you should consider physical therapy first. This hashtag is suited for promoting physical therapy as a practice.
- WHO? Any PT or who works within the industry. This hashtag fits well for any post related to pain or injuries.
- OTHERS? #ChoosePT
A highly trending keyword specifically within the PT student community.
- WHY? Help grow the practice with new blood.
- WHO? PT students, PTs and clinics looking to hire or support those who are entering the workforce.
- OTHERS? #DPTstudent
As the industry grows, more and more clinics need to learn how to run and grow their businesses.
- WHY? Share knowledge on the business side of a PT clinic.
- WHO? Anybody who owns or works on the business side of a clinic.
- OTHERS? #cashPT
#hashtags for Noobs
What are hashtags?
“A word or phrase preceded by a hash mark (#), used within a message to identify a keyword or topic of interest and facilitate a search for it.”
Any keyword that uses the hashtag (#) is indexed by a social network (most commonly used by: Twitter & Instagram). If enough people re-use the same hashtag designated to the keyword, then it will start gaining popularity and will be trending in that social network.
How to use hashtags?
Simple. You apply the pound sign, or #, in front of a keyword (must be all one word). Example. Keyword: Physical Therapy. Hashtag: #physicaltherapy
Should I create my own hashtag?
Many have tried and most do not trend. If you are creating something new or going to a popular event, then give it a shot. If it’s something small or only you and a small group understand or are interested in, then it’s probably not worth doing. There is nothing wrong with using foolproof current #hashtags when posting on social.
What social media networks support hashtages?
Twitter Instagram Facebook
YouTube Pinterest Tumblr
Vine Flickr Google+ AND MORE!
Questions on #hashtags within the physical therapy profession? Questions on social media marketing for PT’s?
Comment below or contact us today!